"I Saw Hitler standing on the top of the Arc de Triomphe... it filled me with such loathing I swore I would spend my life doing what I could to destroy this plague. I sang in cabarets where German officers went. When they were drunk I would photograph the contents of the briefcases and pass them along." - Fania Fenelon on her role in the Resistance
Also, here she is:
1 comment:
I am amazed at this blog - at all of your thoughtful contributions, research, and devotion to the whole challenge in which you are engaged.
I wanted to share a quote from another victim of the Holocaust: Anne Frank. She wrote in her diary: "Nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Thank you all for working and thinking so hard about this play. There is power in the people you will touch, and are already touching. You are the educators now and through the empathy you are developing with your characters, you will touch each of us in the audience so that each of us will do our part in 'being a witness' and making sure that genocide will never again be met with apathy and denial.
Thank you to each and every one of you - cast and crew - for bringing
"Playing for Time" to life!
Post a Comment